Gearshift surround - Carbon fiber trim
A carbon fiber trim piece for the ‘Gearshift surround’ of the Mercedes-Benz 190E.
- 190E 2.3-16v models (North American specification)
- 190E 2.3/2.6 models – mid-production (North American specification)
- For other variations please contact us directly.
*Please select whether you have a left-hand-drive or right-hand-drive model from the drop-down menu.
*Select between manual and automatic transmission from the drop-down menu.
- Visual grade 2x2 Twill 3K carbon fiber with epoxy resin
- CNC machined
- Precision cut 3M adhesive – strong bond
- Satin or gloss finish
- Matching pattern direction on all pieces
- Low profile ~0.5mm installed thickness
- Restores cracked, faded and chipped wood trim pieces
More about this part
Our interior trim pieces are made completely out of carbon fiber and high-performance epoxy resin. They feature a visual grade outer weave and are manufactured using special methods which result in an excellent gloss or satin surface finish. Each piece meets our strict quality standards to ensure you get the best product.
Installation time: 10-15 minutes. Do not rush, enjoy the process!
- Remove original trim (unplug all wiring connectors)
- Removed all buttons from trim
- Clean original trim piece with general-purpose cleaner
- Test fit carbon fiber trim
- (Optional) – wrap trim with black vinyl adhesive to cover all wood so that it does not show through (varying tolerances)
- Peel 3M backing off trim
- Place carbon fiber trim, aligning it with button cut outs. NOTE – the outside perimeter of the trim will extend past the original trim, this will be sanded in the next step
- Use a microfiber cloth to apply medium pressure onto trim to ensure good adhesion
- Take note where the carbon fiber extends past outside the wooden trim. Sand with P180 and a sanding block. Wear a mask, eye protection and gloves
- Blow off any sanding dust. Wipe with damp cloth
- Re-install trim
Special installation notes:
The installation of this trim involves some hand sanding to obtain the best fit. Please wear a mask, eye protection and gloves when sanding carbon fiber. Recommended grit - P180.
This product is made to order. Manufacturing lead time is between 5-10 business days.
We ship our products worldwide. Learn more in Shipping & Returns.
This trim is shown in a satin finish.